Monday, August 2, 2010

News Flash

I will be starting a new, part-time job shortly at the Tucson Botanical Gardens. My title will be "Assistant Butterfly Curator" for the Butterfly Magic exhibit of live butterflies that runs from October through April. Elizabeth Willott, Curator of Butterflies, will be my supervisor there. I am very much looking forward to learning how to better train and manage volunteers, which will account for most of my duties.

I am still actively seeking full-time work online, in media, and museums, but am very grateful to TBG for extending me this offer. I will still have time to continue freelance work as well.

3 comments:

  1. Nice job, I used to live down there but they didn't have a butterfly exhibit.I will have to get back and look it over, these displays are a favorite of mine.We have Reiman Gardens here in Iowa in a building shaped like a butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is this?
    As I was reading your post, I got to the part that said, ..." looking forward to learning how to better train and manage..." and the image of you herding caterpillars and butterflies just popped into my head:)
    Hope you enjoy the job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for you, and selfishly hoping that there will be great butterfly pictures coming soon.

    ReplyDelete

Blog author currently unable to reply to reader comments, nor comment himself. Working to resolve this.